While pipes are an essential to any home, they usually do not blend in nicely with your home design and decorating. That is why most home owners now prefer to use false ceiling, cabinets to conceal the pipe in their home. Developers also tend to have their pipeline concealed within the walls of the toilet. In the bathroom, it is also common for a false ceiling to be used to conceal a water heater.
The down side of this is when there is a leak in the pipe or water heater, it would usually involve considerably more work for any repair to be done than compared with a normal leakage.
False Ceiling Leak
While a false ceiling helps beautify your home, it can become a hassle when the pipe or heater behind it leaks. To minimize the hassle for our clients, we provide a one stop solution for home owners. Our plumbers are able to provide cutting and patching services for the false ceiling so as to access the area that is leaking. For most cases that we attend to the work can be finished in a day to two.
Conceal Pipe Leak
Another common leak that can occur is a concealed pipe leak. This pipes can either be concealed by cabinets or are actually built within the walls of your home. Pipes built within wall used to only be common for landed properties or condominium but new BTO flats that have been released has the same feature too.
- call us to arrange an assessment of the leak.
- from the assessment the plumber would be able to give a quote prior to the work starting.
- if the price is agreeable, our plumber would either start work on the spot if time permits or the subsequent day.
- after the leak is repaired, you can check to ensure the work is done properly before the ceiling is sealed up.
- after sealing back the ceiling, a layer of sealant is applied prior to paint if the false ceiling has been drenched by water before.
- After all the work is done and the customer is satisfied with the work would full payment be collected.
Is cutting of the false ceiling a must?
In order to do the repair, it is quite often that some cutting of the false ceiling is required. While some false ceiling has access panels, the technician may still have to create a bigger area of access so as to facilitate a proper repair.
After the repair work is done, the repair man would also have to patch up the ceiling to restore it as close as possible to it’s original condition. In most cases, both sealant and paint have to be used so to prevent water marks and moss from staining the false ceiling again in the future.